Workshop Etiquette

Your behavior at a workshop or an employer information session can be an indication of your professional behavior after you leave graduate school.  Therefore you want to be sure you are sending a professional, responsible message.  It is extremely important that you remember professional etiquette at these events.  I have listed a few reminders below to think about prior to your attendance at either a workshop or employer sponsored event.

1) If you RSVP for an event, attend.  If you cannot attend, notify the organizer, within 24 hours in advance (if possible).  If you do not know who to contact to withdraw your registration, please contact the Graduate School at 631-1704 or gradprofdev@gmail.com and they will help you withdraw your registration.

2)If food and drink are served, exercise control.  That means take one piece of pizza and one drink.  If there are left overs, you may go back for seconds.  Piling your plate with four pieces of pizza and grabbing a water and a soda are inappropriate.

3)Prepare a few questions ahead of time and ask them when the presenter calls for questions.  Most of the time a presenter will state their preference on answering questions.  Most likely they will call for questions at the end of the presentation while others welcome questions amidst the presentation.  Asking them at these times is most appropriate.  However there are some questions that need to be asked one-on-one versus in front of the entire group (those that are very specific to your situation). This will help alleviate the long line of students after the presentation.

If you have questions about any of these points or would like to know more about workshop and event etiquette please contact the Graduate Career Program at 248 Flanner Hall or 574.631.4058.

17 Responses to “Workshop Etiquette”

1. Simply a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw great design . “Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.” by Jonathan Larson.

2. Thank you for sharing superb informations. Your web site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you’ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for more articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched all over the place and just couldn’t come across. What a perfect site.

3. We’re a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done a formidable process and our whole neighborhood shall be grateful to you.

4. I genuinely enjoy reading on this internet site , it has got great articles .

5. Hey There. I discovered your weblog the usage of msn. That is an extremely smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.

6. Merely wanna admit that this is extremely helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this. “A sailor without a destination cannot hope for a favorable wind.” by Leon Tec.

7. As soon as I observed this website I went on reddit to share some of the love with them. “The new Haitian baseball can’t weigh more than four ounces or less than five.” by Jerry Coleman.

8. I was reading through some of your content on this internet site and I believe this internet site is very informative ! Continue putting up.

9. Hi there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

10. Just wanna state that this is very beneficial , Thanks for taking your time to write this. “Though thou has never so many counselors, yet do not forsake the counsel of your soul.” by John Ray.

11. Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my weblog so i came to “go back the prefer”.I’m trying to find issues to enhance my site!I suppose its good enough to use some of your ideas!!

12. I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing skills has encouraged me to get my own site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.

13. I was looking at some of your blog posts on this site and I think this site is rattling instructive! Keep posting .

14. Undeniably imagine that that you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be at the net the simplest factor to take note of. I say to you, I certainly get irked at the same time as other folks think about concerns that they just do not understand about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the whole thing without having side effect , other folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thanks!